Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Family Night: Every Wednesday 7pm


I know I've already spoke of the activities on Wednesday Evenings but I just want to remind and mabye even convince you to not miss out!

~Adult Bible Study in the Fellowship Hall (Kirkwood Hall) with Pastor Short.
They do some Bible Study, Worship with song, and always have some Food with fellowship.
(I am so thankful for Phyllis teaching while the Shorts vacation with their family.)

~Kids Club in the kids room across from the Fellowship Hall (Lerma Center) with Mrs. Shelli.
I see those kids coming out of their class with adorable crafts and big smiles!
THE BEST PART IS their hearing God's Word instead of sitting at home zoning in front of the TV...
(Michelle Grosse filled in for Mrs. Shelli last week and said the craft was making kazoos and that she was gonna get our children's director for sticking her with the noisy night, hee hee)

~AND Youth Group in the Uth Room behind the Sanctuary with Me.
(Something for ALL ages)

Tonight was extra special! I am so thankful for Rusty and Zach!
These two young men have seen the need and jumped in to fill it!
They noticed their pastor's plate was running over and volunteered to help!
These guys are fairly new in the faith; I just baptized them a couple weeks ago.
Yet, they already have caught the vision that "everyone is a minister."
Rusty is now the Game Guy, and Zach is playing his guitar, leading worship.
The youth really dug in tonight and learned something.
I was blessed as they truly engaged in the Bible Study and discussion.
Zach did a wonderful job; I could even hear the students singing!
AND OH MY! WHAT FUN WAS HAD IN THE GYM!
Rusty set up the volleyball net, got a huge beach ball and set up STROBE LIGHTS!
It was outrageous, crazy fun!

I don't know if I've already mentioned Sweet Pat Sitze who came to me awhile ago and said the LORD had led her to organize cookies for the youth every Wednesday!
A BIG THANK YOU to all who are baking and buying the goodies...
I know the students feel the love of the church with every bite!

No comments: