Tuesday, April 7, 2009

CLS Chapel: Resurrection Eggs

Oh my, what a fun chapel we had today! We crowned Dara Worthington student of the month! Drew names for Pizza w/ Pastor. I passed out some Butterfinger Nest Eggs. We sang some Easter "oldies." Actually, I taught the students: He Lives. And we had so much fun with the RESURRECTION EGGS, I may just do them again on Easter Sunday! I think MAYHEM may be a good word to describe this morning...a very good mayhem...

Resurrection Eggs: (carton of colorful plastic eggs containing...)

1) Mark 11:4 - picture: Jesus riding into Jerusalem on a donkey 2) Matthew 26:14 - 3 dimes, 30 pieces of silver for Judas 3) Matthew 26:26 - picture: wine and bread, the Last Supper 4) Matthew 26:31 - picture: rooster, Peter's denial 5) Matthew 26:36 - picture: praying hands, Jesus prays in the Garden 6) Luke 22:41 - picture: sword, disciple defending Jesus 7) Matthew 27:27 - red robe and thorn, mocking and crown of thorns 8) Matthew 27:35 - picture: cross and dice, crucifixion and casting lots for Christ's clothes 9) Matthew 27:45 - torn material, Temple curtain torn in two 10) Matthew 27:57 - white material, linens for Christ's burial 11) Matthew 27:62 stone, sealed the tomb 12) Matthew 28:1 - empty, empty tomb HE IS RISEN...HE IS RISEN INDEED

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I forgot to tell you last night that I ate a couple of your butterfinger chocolate while I was working on the UTh stuff in your office. They were yummy. Thank you :)