Saturday, September 6, 2008

MMMM...Scary Lift



Ok So, this week our power point projector decided to die. George borrowed Parkway's Lift, which happens to weigh 3 million pounds...he, Pastor Short and I carried it by ourselves into the sanctuary...dumb...backache...ouch...And we all had quite a time trying to make it work until Terry Carlson saved the day!

Anyway, the first time I went up in the thing I thought I was going to die...So my Dad helped...I am not ashamed to say that I still call my Father for help!!! We got the projector down and Holly tried to change the bulb (which costs $300, ridiculous)...but evidently the manual we have doesn't match the projector we have SOOOO...long story not so short...we will be singing from inserts in the bulletin for a little bit...
This is the umpteenth time we have had to get to the projector 3 million feet in the air...So I may be finding a way to project from a more accessible place...

OH AND A BIG THANK YOU to the men who all pitched in Thursday to carry the 3 million pound lift away.... I stole them from the men's ministry mtg...which by the way was a lot of fun...thanks Tom!!! I have to tell you, I was rather amused by the grown men playing with the bee bee gun in Kirkwood Hall! I love corn dogs too!
Don't forget men...the first Thursday of every month!!!

No comments: