Friday, September 12, 2008

Women in Leadership


Did you know that vice presidential nominee, Sarah Palin is an AG girl?!
Everything I've read or heard about her has been AMAZING! (although she did way too much bashing of her opponents in her vice presidential nominee acceptance speech)
Again I say...usually I stay out of the political arena, BUT you gotta check out this web-link...
It's a video of her speaking to masters commission at Wasilla Assembly of God.

I absolutely adore the unprecedented, ground-breaking facts of this year's election process...Having a woman as a vice-presidential nominee...not to mention, we almost had a woman as a presidential nominee!

Prejudice, bigotry, ignorance is being defeated!
When I meet a man who thinks he has the right to oppress women simply because of his gender, (for any reason, really) I wanna sit on him!!! And when men use scripture (saying things like "submit woman") my face begins to turn red...That man must be ignorant of the fact that the apostle Paul says a few verses before that..."SUBMIT TO ONE ANOTHER"...then he repeats that the woman submit...then he tells the man to grovel...(Ephesians 5)

Women in leadership is one battle I am willing to take on!!!
As a matter of fact, it was one of the first dramas of my pastorate...I believed it was a grave mistake to have a church board void of a woman's perspective...So, we amended the bylaws to allow women in leadership...I received a lot of backlash for standing up for this issue...People actually left the church over it...

There's a wonderful BIBLICAL position paper on women in leadership found at ag.org: http://ag.org/top/Beliefs/Position_Papers/index.cfm
This is fresh in my heart today, because I have a close friend who made my jaw hit the floor this week when he said...and I quote..."Sarah Palin has no business being in politics, when she should be home taking care of her kids." It took everything within me not to go POSTAL on my poor friend...I love him anyway, but it was really hard at that moment...It's hard to disagree agreeably...Especially, when you're so passionate about something...

No comments: