Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Celebrating Ethel


It was exactly 4 years ago (almost to the day) that I had the privilege of performing John Brenhaug's funeral service.
This Saturday I have the amazing privilege of leading the celebration of his beautiful wife, Ethel.

Ethel entered eternity last Monday...it was a very peaceful, even worshipful passing...her last words were: HOLY HOLY HOLY! (I just got the Holy Ghost goosebumps)
The family wishes the service to be small, short, simple...yet positive and upbeat...it was Ethel's wishes for it to not be a large crowd, but the family will not turn away those wishing to pay their respects...
This couple was an amazing blessing to our church...they are missed greatly!
I remember when I was just a kid in Christian Life School...John and Ethel came to chapel and John shared his testimony...He would say: "I know what's real, my Jesus is real (then take off his arm, a prosthetic because of his military service)...this arm is fake, but my Jesus is real..." That gets a kid's attention and sticks with em'...

No comments: