Monday, July 28, 2008

The Shack



I just finished reading this book! I have never read anything like it before. I'm going to read it AGAIN AND AGAIN...truly life changing! I thought I would copy and paste all the accolades from http://www.theshackbook.com/ in hopes that you would be convinced to read the book yourself!

When the imagination of a writer and the passion of a theologian cross-fertilize the result is a novel on the order of The Shack. This book has the potential to do for our generation what John Bunyan’s Pilgrim’s Progress did for his. It’s that good!
Eugene Peterson, Professor Emeritus Of Spiritual Theology,Regent College, Vancouver, B.C.
If God is all powerful and full of love, why doesn’t He do something about the pain and evil in our world? This book answers that age old question with startling creativity and staggering clarity. By far one of the best books I have ever read.
James Ryle, Author Hippo in the Garden
Wrapped in creative brilliance, The Shack is spiritually profound, theologically enlightening and life impacting. It has my highest recommendation. We are joyfully giving copies away by the case.
Steve Berger, Pastor , Grace Chapel
Riveting, with twists that defy your expectations while teaching powerful theological lessons without patronizing. I was crying by page 100. You cannot read it without your heart becoming involved.
Gayle E. Erwin, Author The Jesus Style
The Shack is a one of a kind invitation to journey to the very heart of God. Through my tears and cheers, I have been indeed transformed by the tender mercy with which William Paul Young opened the veil that too often separated me from God and from myself. With every page, the complicated do’s and don’t that distort a relationship into a religion were washed away as I understood Father, Son, and Holy Ghost for the first time in my life.
Patrick M. Roddy, Emmy Award Winning Producer of ABC News
This book eloquently captures the shift from being highly responsible people in a religious system, to walking in intimacy as we respond to the fragrance of Christ in daily life.
Arthur Burk, Sapphire Leadership Group, Inc.
Finally! A guy-meets-god novel that has literary integrity and spiritual daring. The Shack cuts through the clichés of both religion and bad writing to reveal something compelling and beautiful about life’s integral dance with the divine. This story reads like a prayer—like the best kinds of prayer, filled with sweat and wonder and transparency and surprise. When I read it, I felt like I was fellowshipping with God. If you read one work of fiction this year, let this be it.
Mike Morrell, Zoecarnate.com
Don’t miss this! If there’s a better book out there capturing god’s engaging nature and his ability to crawl into our darkest nightmare with his love, light and healing, I’ve not seen it. For the most ardent believer or newest spiritual seeker, the shack is a must-read.
Wayne Jacobsen, author of So You Don’t Want to Go to Church Anymore
My biggest disappointment with Christian books is that almost all of them seem to say the same things in the same way. Not so with The Shack! It reads like no other book, and tells a story I guarantee you have not heard before. Enjoy the adventure!
Bart Campolo, Founder of Mission Year
An exceptional piece of writing that ushers you directly into the heart and nature of god in the midst of agonizing human suffering. This amazing story will challenge you to consider the person and the plan of god in more expansive terms than you may have ever dreamed.
David Gregory, author of Dinner with a Perfect Stranger
The path to God is paved with questions—sometimes frightening and deeply painful ones. While reading The Shack I realized the questions unfolding in this captivating novel were questions I was carrying deep within me. True freedom is born from facing those things we feel we don’t have the courage or strength to face. The beauty of this book is not that it supplies the reader with easy answers to grueling questions, but that it invites you to come in close to a God of mercy and love, in whom we find hope and healing.
Jim Palmer, author of Divine Nobodies
This book goes beyond being the well written suspenseful page-turner that it is. Since the death of our son Jason the lord has led us to a small number of life-changing books and this one heads the list. When you close the back cover you will be changed.
Dale Lang, (rockcanada.org), father of student killed in Columbine copycat shooting
This is my most favorite book that I have ever read.
Jordyn Foster, 12 years old (Estacada, OR)
You will be captivated by the creativity and imagination of the shack, and before you know it you’ll be experiencing god as never before. William young’s insights are not just captivating, they are biblically faithful and true. Don’t miss this transforming story of grace.
Greg Albrecht, Editor, Plain Truth Magazine
The main story was so complelling the first time through I just couldn’t put it down. The second time through, what I would call the hiddeness of the book just grabbed me. The third time something new and different. When you get it into your hands, I encourage you to read it many times. This is not a one-time read and it will be forever a part of who I am.
Kent Burgess
Your work is a masterpiece! There are tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat. All I can think of is the others that need to read your words and I’m just as convinced that each one that reads it has those who also need your words.
Chyril Walker, Ph.D.
Great book! I totally enjoyed it and found some parts of it needed to be read more than once because the words were so “right on”.
Margie Ulsh, Editor Among Worlds
I can’t begin to tell you how much I appreciated reading The Shack and how much it has meant to my wife and me. We lost a son in an accident years ago and this story brought comfort and healing. I dealt with the questions this book addresses every day and know you could not have written it without dealing with the reality of loss in your own life.
Dave Coleman, retired Hospice Chaplain
I read and wept and slept and read again. I am full of words, inexpressible thoughts, shades and hues of hope and light and joy.
Larry Gillis, pastor/counselor
Do you ever stand by the ocean, just close your eyes and breath deeply, filling your lungs with purity? That’s what The Shack is like. I’ve filled my lungs with clean, fresh air, after choking on the stifling smog of religiosity. At times I had tears in my eyes, and others I was laughing out loud.
Dale Bruneski, corrections counselor (Canada)
To sum up these experiences will take some time, but the gist can be easily described in my thoughts which often repeat its theme while reading The Shack... Feedback overload! System shutdown imminent! Warning! Warning! Reboot!
Jim Hawley, teacher (Taiwan)

No comments: